How it works / instruction for participants:
HOW IT WORKS/ INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Please register in the tournament on our website www.slingshotinrussia.ru. You will be required to provide your full name, your Facebook name, valid e-mail address, country of residence, contact phone number.
- After registration, you will receive from us an email with:
— a registration confirmation,
— a tournament participant’s PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (ID), which consists of 4 digits,
— a link to pay a registration fee of 5 USD via PayPal.
*NOTE: The letter usually arrives within 1 day. If you have not received the email within one day, please check your spam folder. If there is still no letter, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the feedback form on the website: www.slingshotinrussia.ru.
- You will need the tournament participant’s PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (ID) to indicate when paying the registration fee and on your paper target during the shooting session.
- After making the payment, you will receive from us a letter confirming participation in the tournament. The fact of paying the registration fee of 5 USD is a confirmation of participation in the tournament.
- Full information about registered participants who have confirmed their participation in the tournament will be available in the standings on the website www.slingshotinrussia.ru.
— In order to avoid contentious situations in which the panel of referees can annul the result of shooting, all tournament participants are given the opportunity to conduct two rounds. Rounds should be held on different days. When summing up the results of the shooting, the round with the best result of the total number of points scored will be taken into account.
— It is advisable for participants to wait for the decision of the panel of referees to complete the first round of shooting sessions and to begin the second round of shooting sessions.
— A round (live broadcast), interrupted for technical and other reasons before the shooting session (before the first shot is made) can be repeated on the same day.
— The round (live broadcast), interrupted for technical and other reasons in which the shooting session is started (at least one shot has already been fired) should be canceled. This round can be repeated on the same day, but this will be considered as the second round of the participant.
- The shooting results (the total number of points scored and points for each shot) will be reflected in the overall standings upon completion of the shooting session by the tournament participant.
- The distribution of prize places and the overall results of the competition will be announced immediately after the tournament.
- The total number of prize places is 3.
- With the same number of results (total points scored), the winners are the participants with the highest number of maximum points.
- All contentious issues will be tabled by the panel of referees for a final decision. The decision of the panel of referees is final and cannot be challenged.
- The prize pool is distributed as follows:
— Prize for 1st place — 50% of the prize pool,
— Prize for 2nd place — 35% of the prize pool,
— Prize for 3rd place — 15% of the prize pool.
- After summing up all the results and announcing the winners, cash payments to the participants who won the prize places will be transferred to the same PayPal accounts from which the entry fee was paid, or other specified accounts agreed additionally between the Slingshot Club Administration and the winner.
- TO PARTICIPANTS’ INFORMATION: All winnings will be paid to the winners considering the commissions and tariffs of PayPal in force in the Russian Federation when transferring funds to individuals living outside the Russian Federation.
MASTERS SERIES SLINGSHOT ONLINE TOURNAMENT RULES
MASTERS SERIES SLINGSHOT ONLINE TOURNAMENT RULES
- Participation in online slingshot tournament implies LIVE broadcasting of the entire shooting session via smartphone through the «Slingshot in Russia» group page on Facebook, link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rogatki. To do this, the participant must first join the group.
- The broadcast should be organized in such a way that, through a specially prepared and installed near the target mirror, a close-up image of the target simultaneously appears on the camera lens (you could clearly see traces of projectiles), and the shooter himself at the time of shooting (see location scheme at the bottom). In order to avoid cases of fraud, the entire process of broadcasting a shooting session should be broadcast continuously, without any pauses.
- Download and print the target in A4 size. You can download the target by the link: https://clck.ru/KWNHu. Before starting the shooting session, pre-fill the appropriate fields in the target and measure with a ruler the diameter of the inner red circle, which should correspond to 4 cm (zones 9 and 10). The target should be color and quality printed — all lines between digital zones should be clearly visible. The target contains the following fields: PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (ID) of the participant, participant’s name, round of shooting session, firing distance, date, ammo diameter. All fields must be completed in a neat and legible handwriting.
Target fill pattern:
- Fix the target on a 3mm — 5mm thick metal plate (substrate). When a projectile
- hits such a target, a characteristic metallic sound is heard and a clear and unmistakable trace remains (mark), which can then be checked.
- Firing range — 10 meters. Measure the distance from the shooting line to the target with a measuring tape and show it directly in the broadcast before the shooting session begins.
- Participants are entitled to use any slingshot and bands, except for slingshots with wrist supports.
- The number of shots — 10 pcs. Ammo — 10 metal balls with a diameter of 6 mm. — 12 mm.
- The number of projectiles and the slingshot itself should also be preliminarily shown before firing.
- When an ammo touches the outer side of the line between digital zones on the paper target, scoring is performed upwards (towards a larger number).
The sequence of actions of the tournament participant:
- Turn on your smartphone, go to the Slingshot in Russia group page on the Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rogatki and start the live broadcast (Live);
- Introduce yourself to the camera — state the name, country and date;
- Show through the camera of the smartphone a slingshot and 10 ammo;
- Show the long-range location from the shooting line to the target;
- Follow along the measuring tape, showing its entire length from the beginning to the target (marks 0m, 5m, and 10m should get into the camera);
- Show the paper target in the camera so that you can make sure that it is filled and without damage;
- Attach the ruler to the center circle. The diameter of the inner circle should be 4 cm.;
- Turn around and show the long-distance location from the target to the shooting line;
- Install a smartphone and increase the zoom of the lens so that through a pre-installed mirror a close-up target and a shooting line simultaneously hit the lens (see the location scheme below);
- Proceed to the shooting line along the measuring tape and make 10 shots at the target;
- After shooting, taking your smartphone and a marker (pen), approach the target. Without stopping the broadcast, sum the number of points scored directly on the target and write the results in the appropriate cells. After this is done the broadcast can be completed;
- At the end of the broadcast, take a picture of the target and publish it in the group with your name. In order to avoid misunderstandings and controversial situations, the photo should be clear and should review the shooting results and all text fields.
— It is allowed to use alternative technical broadcasting equipment, if such allows observing both the firing participant and the process of hitting the target with ammo.
— You can use the help of an assistant to organize the live broadcast process and the shooting session.
— Even those shooters who do not have registration in our Facebook group can take part in the tournament — it is enough for other participants to publish their performance with the data (name and ID) of the shooter.
— The online shooting session can be organized both indoors and outdoors.
— Detailed video instructions — how to participate in the tournament you will find here: https://clck.ru/Kch6M
Panel of referees
Can I participate in the tournament if I do not have Facebook, email, or a PayPal account?
If you do not have a Facebook, PayPal, or email account, you can contact a friend for a help who has all the accounts.
How much does participation in a tournament cost?
The registration fee is 5 USD (or 350 RUB), of which the prize pool is formed.
How is the prize pool distributed?
The prize pool is distributed as follows:
- Prize for 1st place — 50% of the prize fund,
- Prize for 2nd place — 35% of the prize fund,
- Prize for 3rd place — 15% of the prize fund.
How do I register for a tournament?
To register in the tournament, you should use the «REGISTRATION» button on the website www.slingshotinrussia.ru, fill in the appropriate fields and click on the «Send» button. You will receive emails with notifications and information to the email you specified.
Why didn’t I receive a notification letter?
Why do I need an ID?
You will need the tournament participant’s PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (ID) to indicate when paying the entry fee and on your paper target during the shooting session.